Freelance writers haven’t had it easy when it comes to finding professional liability protection for risks like libel, defamation, copyright infringement and more — but help (and a whole lot more ‘easy’) has arrived.
At Dinghy and NSM Insurance Group, we’re practically jumping out of our life vests with excitement to introduce professional liability insurance crafted specifically for freelance writers.
Dinghy is the world’s first insurance provider exclusively for freelancers. Founded in 2017 in the U.K with a mission to change the world of freelance insurance, Dinghy is now part of NSM Insurance Group, a global leader in specialty insurance programs. Together, we are revamping freelance insurance for writers across the U.S. with:
- Comprehensive professional liability insurance tailored just for freelance writers starting at less than $1/day
- Protection from libel, slander, defamation, copyright infringement and other claims — whether you’re at fault or not
- Worldwide professional liability cover, meaning you are insured wherever work takes you
- A+ rated insurance coverage
- In-house liability lawyers, in case you need them
- A team of insurance experts on your side
- Zero hassle – you can get a quote and buy a policy online in minutes
Pretty cool, right? Our partners at Freelancers Union think so, too. Freelancers Union is the largest and fast-growing organization representing the 56.7 million independent workers across the country. They have their finger on the pulse of what freelancers want and need when it comes to running their businesses, and having their partnership to roll this out is a huge testament to the offering.
We know you’re wearing many hats, so let us help you protect your business quickly and easily. Learn more about freelance writer insurance and don’t hesitate to give us a shout via email or chat if you have questions or need any help.
The future of freelance writer insurance is here, and this is just the beginning…